We believe in unearthing the essentials of wellness and packaging those essentials into concise experiences that are proven to yield exceptional results.
Aro Hā translates to, “In the presence of divine breath”. Breath is the foundation of life and wellbeing. When we have short erratic breath, we create a short erratic life. At Aro Hā BREATH also allows us to outline the fundamental elements of our programs.
- Harvard researchers have found we spend 46.9% of waking hours with a wandering mind, and this makes us unhappy. Mindfulness is a proven technique for dealing with stress, anxiety, and frustration. Practicing stillness connects us with a deep reservoir of intuitive wisdom.
- At Aro Hā Mindfulness is sprinkled into your daily practices. Mindful sitting, walking, and eating will improve focus, build emotional intelligence, and help to uncover your innate joy.
- Those living in isolation of friends and family have 4-6 times the chance of dying prematurely.
- At Aro Hā we spend time connecting with our bodies, our environment, and ourselves. We share our adventure within a small group and create genuine friendships.
- A healthy gut is required for a healthy body and mind. From hydration, to probiotics, to alkalinity, we build health from the digestive system outward.
- At Aro Hā we eat a rainbow of vegetarian cuisine. Paleo friendly, gluten free, dairy free, and enzymatically active, we feed the body a diet rich in trace minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. You will be absolutely astonished by how delicious cleansing can be.
- Movement increases endorphins and reduces cognitive decline. It reduces the stress hormones; cortisol & adrenaline. Exercise makes us all feel good, and is even a proven remedy for depression & anxiety.
- At Aro Hā we blend movement with nature, spirit, and playfulness. You’ll practice Yoga, Pilates, interval training, and climbing mountains. We believe movement is a cornerstone of health. We move so that everything else becomes easy.
- 700 new chemicals introduced into our environment each year.
- Approximately 80,000 chemicals in use world wide.
- The average western newborn baby has 287 known chemicals in their umbilical cord blood.
- While there is a greater issue that our society needs to remedy, at Aro Hā we minimize your personal chemistry experiment by supporting the elimination of toxins, and minimizing incoming toxic load.
- The choices we make each day affect our brains, our bodies, and our minds. Whether looking at Epigenetics, Neuroplasticity, nutrition, or mindfulness the message is clear, we can promote healing physically & emotionally, or we can create illness.
Using the BREATH framework, our all-inclusive programs harness the collective wisdom of the Aro Hā Wellness Team to help you quickly unveil your own innate health. You will have no decisions to make, no business or family to attend to, just a step-by-step process that leaves you glowing.
Core features of a Wellness Adventure
- Sub Alpine Hiking
- World Heritage Surroundings
- Integrated Mindfulness Practices
- Whole Foods Vegetarian Menu
- Un-Cooking Classes
- Functional Strength Training
- Daily Aro Hā Massage
- Contrast Spa Therapy
- A Purpose Built Secluded Facility
- Zen Inspired Eco Accommodation
- Small Groups
In addition to our signature Wellness Adventure programs we invite guest educators to support themed retreats. Regardless of the program you choose, expect a powerful experience that reveals exceptional results.